Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Costume Repair Kit

According to everything I have read, you should take a costume repair kit with you to conventions. Makes sense, especially if you are flying to one. Only thing is though, costume repair kits were never intended for redneck geek costumes. For example, I can't take paint and fiberglass resin with me and use it in the hotel. Well, I guess I could, but I may want to go back to that hotel one day.
So, now I have to build the redneck geek costume repair kit. So far the kit contains:
A small sewing kit (needles, threads, etc)
5 different kinds of tape (scotch, duct, painters, electrical, chrome)
Safety pins
2 kinds of glue (Instant Crazy Glue, Elmers)
Silver touch up paint and brush
Sharpies (black, red, silver)
Zip ties (large and small)
2 sided sticky velcro
Roll velcro
Replacement decals
Cutting tools (scissors, exacto, razor knife)
Velcro zip ties

Hopefully all this can get us through the weekend. I would ideally like to include a dremel tool and attachments. Along with fiberglass and spray paint, but again, I think the hotel may frown on that. Not sure though, I may have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment