I am still trying to figure out just how much of Eleanor Lamb’s Big Sister armor I can get done for Melinda. The helmet has pretty much kicked my butt so far. I’m not sure why. I may just have some sort of block with it. I am still moving forward with some pieces and right now it is looking like Melinda will be the end game non-helmeted version of Eleanor.
This version may be out.
Even back before the helmet started kicking me around, I was working on the needle/syringe thing on her arm.
The Big Sisters just take it up a notch or two or three.
Some of the early concept art, like the above, the Big Sisters have actually attached a bayonet to the end of the needle. Fortunately that didn’t make the final cut.
Using the action figures as reference, back in February, I started on the build.
I used some 1/4” plywood, an old plastic shelf leg, and some dowel rods for the main body.
I sculpted the valve wheels from clay and would later paint them red.
Now, here is where I stopped for a few months. I don’t know why, but I did. Then within the last two weeks, I got moving again, really fast. Unfortunately, when I do that, I forget to take build pictures. Sorry.
I made the glowing collection bottle from a clear ketchup/mustard picnic bottle I got at the grocery store, painted the inside red, and wired up some LEDs into it. A push button on the bottom serves as the on/off and the “nipple” portion of the collection bottle.
Some copper and grey paint, old copper tubing I had lying around and this is what I ended up with.
99% complete, but I am HAPPY!
Like I said above, just a little clean up and some aging and it is good to go. The vambrace that this attaches to and then to Melinda’s arm is under construction too.
It is times like this, when the prop is close enough to done, that I can step back and enjoy it. I really am very happy with how this has turned out and I’m amped up again to move forward with more. Maybe I’ll even tackle the helmet again.